lundi 1 décembre 2008

Job

I'm job hunting but it has not been successful so far.

I applied for a very interesting job a couple of weeks ago and I discovered something very unusual for me (i.e. for a French person). As part of the application process, I had to answer questions about my ethnic background, my religion and my sexual orientation.
All these questions are part of a plan against discrimination. I found interesting that these questions were asked here whereas in France, and with the same goal of non-discriminating, none of these questions could be legally asked.

Lastly, I wrote earlier that my job hunt hasn't been successful. It is not completely true because I gained a qualification in Food Safety and Hygiene. I must confess that I taught this for years without any qualification. Oups!